Carolina Handling, is a leader in the Material Handling business. We are a strong and a rapidly growing company with a history of stable performance that focuses squarely on our associates. If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding career where you can make a difference, then Carolina Handling is the place for you. At Carolina Handling, professional growth is fundamental to our corporate culture. Our motto is “Exceeding Customer Expectations”. This not only applies to our external customers, but to our internal customers – our Associates. We continually strive to exceed their expectations through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, great benefits and a culture unlike any other.
Contact Carolina Handling’s customers and potential customers to educate and promote aftermarket services and products. This includes, but is not limited to: Comprehensive Fixed Price Maintenance, schedule maintenance, shop work, Safety on the Move, equipment rebuilds, motors, parts (including consignments), rentals, used equipment and customer training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales of all aftermarket services offered by Carolina Handling
- Sales of battery stands, pallet jacks and battery pullers
- Develop new accounts, including “cold calls” on potential new customers
- Serve as a liaison between customers and Carolina Handling Service, Sales, and Parts Departments
- Coordinate customer service functions with other departments to ensure proper and timely communications, delivery, and installations
- Strive to increase business with existing accounts by recruiting sales which competitors currently have
- Maintain open communication with other departments in order to stay up-to-date on pricing, equipment and service updates, specials, changes, etc
- Prepare proposals (quotes) and coordinate same with managers of departments affected
- Keep Customer Contact file updated on a monthly basis in coordination with other management personnel
- Contact an average of five customers in assigned territory per day and revisit all customers at least once per quarter
Skills and qualifications needed include:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience required; college degree preferred
- Continuing education or experience to assure excellent overall understanding of the industry
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to develop sound sales skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to read and understand specifications of all equipment sold or serviced by Carolina Handling, Inc. (this includes competitive equipment)
- Ability to make drawings indicating modifications which may be required on equipment
- Other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties
- Company Vehicle
- Flexible work hours
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent benefits package: competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and much more!
***To learn more about our company, you may visit our web site at www.carolinahandling.com. Please only send your resume to one position. Please note that due to the extremely high volume of responses, we will only respond to those candidates whose backgrounds and experience most closely match our needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.